Saturday, May 8, 2010

no matter whose watching.

Tonight, May 7th was jr year prom. I must say, i had a phenomenal time. All the dancing, the friends, and the music made it a blast! Several times throughout the night, I became inspired by not only some of the people, but some of the actions they took. For example, since I am in high school, many people can't help but look and quickly judge. Through my own eyes tonight, I felt the complete opposite. I feel that one of the genuine characteristics about me is I respect everyone for who they are as an individual. I know many people say that quite often but I truly mean it. When meeting someone for the first time or just casually talking, I would treat that person just as a human being, not being biased on gender, race, looks, size, sexual orientation, race, religious beliefs, or any other category one could be placed in. I believe everyone should be treated equal.
The people that are different, unique, and also known as weird, are the people that i believe are the strong ones. The ones i look up to in times of need or when i have a rough spot. Those people make it okay to be different, and thats whats most important. I also can relate to them in a big way. I found myself as an outside, and outcast a lot of the time- AND THATS OK!! i'm completely in love with who i am and all i'm hoping by posting this post is for other people to understand to be an individual, no matter whose watching. So for all those "weirdos" for attending my prom, thank you for making it an enjoyable and enriching night.

No comments:

Post a Comment